Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Austria Day!

Today is a national holiday in Austria, akin to an independence day. As such, everything is closed and military-type parades will fill the streets in a few hours.

To escape the chaos, Romeo, his mother, Kristina, and I are escaping to Hungary for the day. We're not going to Budapest, because we've all been before. I can't tell you the name of the town we are going to though, because if I ask again, I'm going to get slugged. We're going to eat fish. That's all I can tell you.

Yesterday was nice, if not lazy. We took a walk in the park with the (screaming) baby and then drove off to Klosterneuberg to the opening of a new contemporary art store. It was pretty fantastic. We were greeted with wine and cheese and led to a buffet of nasty looking meats. But next to the meats was Liptauer - a very yummy spread to put on the wonderful Austrian bread.

But yeah, we looked at the art, which consisted of crochet dolls and tin boxes. Fun stuff to be sure, but nothing I can't live without.

In the evening, Günter came by and we watched an Austrian movie called Slumming. I dont know if I'd call it strange or deep. After the movie, Romeo and I looked at each other's Facebook pages (I'll show you mine if you show me yours) and then layed around reading the Sunday paper.

I'm hoping now that someone is out of the bathroom so that I can dry my hair. It is so damp here that it looks curly, frizzy and crappy pretty much all the time. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home