Sunday, October 25, 2009

So what day is this? Three? Dunno. I only know it is Sunday morning and tomorrow is a holiday and we're going to Hungary.

The last couple of days have been calm and relaxing. Friday I woke up to a breakfast prepared for me by Romeo's mother. I like the way this woman thinks, by the way. Breakfast consisted of Baniza (think Burek) and cake. Then I set out to see if I remembered my way around Vienna. It was quite a walk, but after two hours I had convinced myself that I knew where I was going. And what was waiting for me when I returned? Lunch! Tomatoes stuffed with rice and peppers and probably the best salad I have ever eaten.

I could go on and on about the food, but I'll try not to. Romeo's mother is an amazing cook and spends most of the day in the kitchen. Those times when she isn't cooking, she's pushing food on someone. I've taken some pictures and I'll share when i get back home.

The 23rd was Romeo's birthday, and we celebrated by going to a jazz club with some of our friends. Although I'd hardly call the music jazz (think Cat Stevens meets Eric Clapton), it was really good. So was the beer. Stiegl! We got back to Romeo's at about 1am, stinking in a way I had forgotten people stink after a night out in Europe. Smoke, smoke, smoke, people here smoke like crazy. And since fresh air seems to be the catalyst for most diseases suffered in the industrialized world today, there is no ventilation in these bars. My clothes and coat smell like the bottom of an old ashtray.

Yesterday, Romeo and I went for a long walk around the Tabor street. It is kind of a shopping area, but also where the Orthodox Jews live. It was the perfect European morning. Espresso outside, window shopping, mimes, and at the end we ended up at an outdoor market. A HUGE outdoor market with all kinds of fresh things (including fish) and flowers.

Anyhow, we had a party last night and then went to a bar called Cocktail where, well, never mind.

Hope you are all groovy! I need to go have some more fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home