Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pre-Vay-kay Jitters

The worst part of any trip has got to be packing. This time tomorrow I'll be nearly three hours into my flight, and I still haven't packed a thing.

Sure, I've done the pre-va-kay shopping, bought tiny versions of my toiletries (except contact solution. On my list for tomorrow.) I've got some new clothes, a bunch of gifts for my friends. But now I'm doing laundry and everything is in bunches all over the condo. Don't even get me started on the cleaning that has to happen between now and the time I leave for the airport.

And what am I doing to relieve the stress I'm causing myself? Packing? No. I'm blogging.

Don't get me wrong - I'm excited for the trip! I'm just not in the mood for picking out my wardrobe for the next two weeks.  A quick check of the weather tells me to pack warm clothes and an umbrella - not that I was expecting a beach vacation in Vienna this time of year. But rain nearly every day?

Today, I'm most excited about my trips to and from the airport. I've got rides, both ways! that means I get the luxury of using the big suitcase. And you know what the big suitcase gives me license to do? Buy boots in Vienna. Oh, the shoes that are waiting for me...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM , Blogger LostGirl said...

Boots...shoes...ahhh... I need another 5-pair visit to Roberts in FW. I bought 3 at Macy's last weekend, but it was a less-than-satisfactory experience. You bring me good shoe luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home